Being a part of the 2012 WattieInk Elite team added a lot of spice to my race season this year. It all started wtih my phone exploding when the team was announced. I instantly had 50 new friends and teammates. I’ve been in the sport a long time achieved many goals and more!…., so being part of a nationwide team with a little extra flare was a new and fun addition to what I already love to do. I did my best to Rock the W in as many ways as I could throughout the year by racing, supporting, chillaxing at the beach/pool, suffering in the hurt box, coaching/ or rehabbing injured athletes.
So the 2012 team is in the books, but I still plan to rock the W on the beaches at IM Cozumel cheering on 1 fast husband and many friends, as well as racing in a few 5ks now that I am injury free again.
Until then here is a look back at how I rocked the W in 2012
2. Leon’s Worlds Fastest Triathlon: raced with the young children in the elite wave and met none other than Karin Langer, we rocked Leon’s!
3. Cruised down to Kansas 70.3, qualified for Vegas getting 2nd in my AG on a very hot windy day! And got to meet Aaron Dewald and Desiree Dutt, and my KSWIS KRUZ helped me run myself into 2nd place.
4. Training camp with friends in the Desert to prepare for Vegas; everyone was afraid of the heat, I loved it and thought it was perfect for training
5. chillaxing at the lake
7. cheering on my athletes and fast husband
8. Ice bath for injured hip
9. Training for Worlds
10. Vegas World Champs where I got to meet tons of Watties including the Boise Bitches!, my race bad due to injury, but and made it on the LavaMag Vegas highlight video
11. Kona Underpants run, what better way to rock
12. Cyclocross rock
Cheers to a fun 2012 !