Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vacation Fireworks


the inside of my legs


We returned home from our family vacation on Mon afternoon, about 24 hrs late. Thanks to DELTA, our flight was canceled and they were so kind to put us on a 6:20 a.m. flight the next morning complete with a 3 1/2 hr layover in Cincinnati. Super efficient especially since the direct flights from Atlanta take only 1 hr 50 min.

The vacation itself was fabulous. Lots of fun outdoor swimming,canoeing, jumping off the docks into the lake, rock/ water slides,kangaroo farm and more. My goal for this vacation was to enjoy a real vacation like normal people do, some relaxing, some play and little stress with cramming in workouts around family functions, no guilt on missing out on what everyone is doing because I'm out training, or work on the computer.

I succeeded !

I busted A#$ prior to vacation to get schedules done for clients, and told Simon, my coach, I just wanted to run some, swim very little. I did do some running because I love it and it is easy to fit in. Gosh how easy life might be if I just ran, (but maybe a little dull) North Georgia is very hilly, very steep hills and absolutely no flats. These are the types of hills you can reach out with your hand and touch the road in some places. Several days of running in a row out there, and my legs felt like the fireworks on the 4th. Nothing like climbing a hill of stairs, and sliding down a rock slide into cold lake water for recovery! And, how about smor'es for a re-fueling and recovery (j/k!) The kids devoured them.

I came home with a little more suntan, a bunch of mosquito bites, a new appreciation for a flat run, and a ton of great memories.

1 comment:

Carmen C. said...

Lindsay,
Great post! And thanks for all the hard work you did for us before your vacation...you deserve that and more!
Yummy hills! I am jealous!