Wednesday, April 21, 2010

SOMETIMES....

I get so DARNED mad at myself because I am so practical and full of common sense.

Sometimes I wish I could just not think about it so much and just GO with it. Adam is off to Vegas this weekend to do Xterra, and he kept trying to get me to go. But the totally practical side (and sensible one too because of the cost of a last minute ticket), kept saying no.


My reasons being:
I had missed some training being hurt, and wouldn't want to take my bike out there and for some crazy reason I signed up for a 70.3 race in June....so I need to get in some longer rides and runs and doing in this on the strip seems...logistically challenged.

I'd only be there for like 2 days total at the most so not worth the astronomical cost of a ticket, dog sitting, and coordination involved.

NOTHING would get done at home, etc etc and all the Moms know exactly what I mean. Getting ready to leave and returning is as much work as the trip itself with kids, dogs, work, and there is always mom guilt.

Don't get me wrong, the thought of rushing off to an adventure in Vegas is so me at heart, warmer weather, mountains etc. But the darned sensible side won this time, well again actually. There is plenty of chaos in the Zucco house on a normal weekend.

I'm not regretting my decision, but now it looks like I am facing a weekend of rainy training. Hmm. That might mean trainer or cross bike, wet running shoes, and cold trips in and out of the pool. Definitely not Vegas, but you can bet I'm going to get the absolute most out of every minute of training I do for passing up a trip to Vegas :)

1 comment:

Trevor Glavin said...

Nice blog! Now get out here so you can enjoy Vegas! There has to be a last minute flight for cheap!