Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Aloha from Kona

After a long day of travel, we arrived in Kona Mon. 7pm (12pm Chicago time). The flights were smooth and no issues traveling. Thanks to Adam's Aussie client Simon L. we were upgraded to first class, Chicago to San Fran, and San Fran to Kona. Can we say wow for leg room! I could actually completely stretch out.

Once we landed in Kona and stepped off the plane, I immediately felt the heat and humidity. Our friends and condo mates, Rodney and Diana A. picked us up and we headed back to our awesome condo. It is a bit down the road from all the triathlon chaos which is just fine, and in return we have a beautiful very new condo complete with pool, Internet access. Rodney and Di are such a cool couple and have joined us on our Tuscon camps. We have 2 racers in the house, I have already been doing leg rub downs but no one seems too nervous yet. My prediction is that will change as each day goes by.

I haven't adjusted to the time. I woke up at 2 a.m and again at 4 a.m.finally staying awake. On agenda for me today, a run in the sun, Kona coffee, finding the farmers market, buy a cheap beater bike at Wal-mart to cruise around on, and whatever else comes my way. I am on island time now!

1 comment:

Jennifer Harrison said...

OH HAVE SO MUCH fun and enjoy the full R&R out there and all that Kona is! Good luck to Adam on race day! :) Update your daily Kona blog! We can live vicariously thru you.
Jen H.