Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wednesday


Darn good coffee

Green geckos

Surfing!

Dinner party

Sunset in Kona


Here are some pictures from Wednesday. Our days start early, no one seems to be able to sleep past 4 a.m and everyone is falling asleep at 8:30 or 9. While the racers were out training and registering, we headed to the beach to swim/ and body surf. The water is perfect and I had a blast catching waves and swimming around. I swam with a sea turtle for awhile. The beach was packed at noon on a Wednesday with kids and locals? which made me wonder if they go to school here in Hawaii.

Today was much hotter. I took a run/jog from our condo to Keahou bay. There were some amazing views from up and down the hills. A little different than running around cornfields at home. But wow....it was HOT. I wanted to jump off the cliff into the water and then run back. I was thinking to myself, I am glad I am not doing this race and I like the heat.

I walked around the expo some and through the Ironman village. I vowed not to buy anything with "Ironman" logo on it. And they seem to find more and more things to brand the name on. Granola? really? flip flops?

We had dinner today with Joe Dirk Friel, Craig and his family and Rodney and Diana. There was an incredible sunset during dinner and this picture doesn't do it justice.

No comments: